Manager, Strategic Supply Manager
Experience Required: 10+ Years
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
This position has the dual responsibility to strategically manage the assigned commodities/products and to provide a lead role to manage other Strategic Supply Managers in: 1) Leading the cross-functional Integrated Product Team (IPT) for the assigned commodities/products, 2) selecting suppliers to meet the overall Eclipse goals and objectives; 3) negotiate supplier contracts; 4) ensure proper contract administration; 5) manage supplier relationships strategically to ensure Eclipse’s technical, manufacturing, quality, product support and logistics needs are met and to ensure a continuity of supply; 6) manage supplier and commodity improvement objectives. Key business processes that the SSM will manage include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the cross functional (IPT)
- Negotiate contracts
- Through the IPT ensure proper contract administration
- Perform supplier capacity, capability, quality, delivery and cost analysis and implement closed loop corrective actions or action plans for improvement
- Engage with the appropriate levels of the supplier’s organization to ensure two-way communication, problem resolution, strategic alignment, and synergy
- Ensure closed loop change management processes on engineering changes, schedule changes and part transitions
- Manage ongoing costs and cost reductions
- Conduct supplier business reviews
- Account for and manage Eclipse assets on site at the supplier
In addition, the SSM will stay current with industry trends, technology and suppliers and recommend and initiate proactive improvements and solutions such as:
- Monitor industry and supplier’s financial health and ownership and initiate mitigation plans as necessary.
- Based on industry technology and trends, provide recommendations on products and technology to be utilized in the aircraft designs
- Observe geo-political developments around the world and recommend and initiate proactive mitigation plans as necessary.
Ten years strategic supply chain management experience, preferably managing strategic sourcing managers. Candidate should have experience in areas related to contract and price negotiation, audit supplier capacity, quality and business processes and enacting performance improvements, basic familiarity with supply chain management principles and practices, sourcing suppliers, leadership and managing cross functional commodity management teams, strategic management of suppler relations, assertive and act as a change agent both internally and at suppliers, able to travel domestically as well as internationally.
- Training and/or experience in team building and continuous improvement processes (i.e. Six Sigma, Lean, etc.).
- Engineering degree or MBA
- Knowledgeable in FAR part 21.33, 8110.4, 8120.2, 8100.7