Quality Assurance Inspector
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Education Required: High School Diploma
Inspects purchased parts, assemblies and materials for conformity to standards, specifications, and processing requirements. Completes inspections to work instructions, checklists, routers, and engineering requirements using such measuring equipment such as check fixtures, micrometers, calipers and other gages. Visually inspects for obvious defects or damage such as corrosion, cracks, dents, scratches, and pits. Able to read and interpret Engineering requirements in the form of specifications, drawings and models. Makes pass or fail decisions on inspected parts or assemblies and able to record results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Personally perform inspection, testing on assemblies, materials or on aircraft.
- Capable of documenting and communicating discrepancies in a definitive manner, to support the final engineering disposition of the non-conformances.
- Capable of extracting required data from the computer systems to assist the inspection process from reduced dimensioned drawing system.
- Capable of interfacing with all levels of EAI associates, especially manufacturing, Quality Engineers, Supplier Quality, and the FAA.
- Proficient in computer usage including Microsoft windows products and SAP experience is desired.
- Maintain all inspection equipment calibration and maintenance requirements in accordance with EAI requirements.
- Able to complete First Article Inspections on detail parts and assemblies in accordance with AS9102.
- Familiar or able to complete Aircraft Level Inspections and Functional Testing.
- Provide training when required.
- 5 years of experience in aerospace Quality Assurance, two of which have been in an inspection role.
- Must have hands-on inspection experience with mechanical components or electrical components and assemblies.
- Advanced skills reading and interpreting engineering requirements such as drawings, specifications and models including an in depth understanding of ASME Y14.5.
- Experienced with measurement equipment including dial calipers, micrometers and other measurement tools.
- Quality experience, training or certification in an aerospace field such as an A&P or IA.
- Experience using FARO Arm or Laser Tracker and software such as Verisurf (or other Model Based Definition software).
- Experience using SAP.
Apply for this position by sending a cover letter with your resume attached to email@example.com
OR fill out the online job application for this position HERE.
Be sure to note the job title and ID number in your cover letter.