Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
Job Title: Manufacturing Quality Engineer FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Code: Prepared By: Human Resources
Pay Grade: Prepared Date: October 2012
Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains, quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product. Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products and materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. Complete audits of the quality system for nonconformities and determine root cause. Determines and assures that corrective measures are incorporated meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead continuous improvement projects in manufacturing. This includes, but is not limited to scrap reduction, efficiency improvements, and quality improvements.
- Process line audit to determine if our procedures are resulting is consistent, high quality products.
- Determine Root Cause and implement Corrective and Preventive Actions when required.
- Frequent audits of Work Instructions, Training Records, and Production Notes. This includes making sure that the Work Instructions, Training Records, and Production Notes match. It also includes auditing the production processes to determine if the Work Instructions and Production notes are being followed and meet engineering requirements.
- Collaborate with the Manufacturing team to develop consistent First Article Inspection records and quality plans. Complete detail review and approvals of First Article Inspections from suppliers in accordance with AS9102.
- Work with Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering to ensure that Work Instructions are updated when needed.
- Capable of interfacing with all levels of management, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Suppliers, and the FAA.
- Collect and analyze data as required by Quality Manager/Engineering including maintaining required records in organized and consistent manner.
- Familiar with aircraft and LRU testing. This includes, but is not limited to, aircraft functional testing, reviewing LRU acceptance test reports and reviewing aircraft level functional test procedures.
- Review production inspection data (logs and electronic data). Determine where improvements are needed and reduces non value added tasks.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with general quality experience.
- Good understanding of manufacturing procedures, including Work Instructions, Bill of Materials, and Control of Nonconforming product, procedure implementation and creation.
- Must have understanding of common measurement systems, ASME 14.5 and interpretation of technical requirements.
- SAP Experience, Microsoft Office applications.
- BS in Engineering or related field
- Lean Six Sigma
- Knowledgeable with FAA requirements
This is an individual contributor role without supervisory responsibilities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / REQUIREMENTS
Work requires some physical strain such as long periods of standing and walking in production facility, lifting of moderately heavy items such as test equipment kits and product cases. Other physical demands include climbing, crouching, and reaching.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Associate, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, this description does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer or as responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions evolve.
To perform this job successfully, an Associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, function in the work environment and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Apply for this position by sending a cover letter with your resume attached to email@example.com
OR fill out the online job application for this position HERE.
Be sure to note the job title and ID number in your cover letter.