Experience Required: 6-9 Years
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
Evaluates and resolves general engineering-related problems as they pertain to manufacturing and production. Analyzes engineering specifications, drawings and models for requirements and design intent; confers with quality, design engineering, materials engineering, supply chain and manufacturing to provide and obtain technical information and guidance to manufacturing; investigates reports of defective, damaged or malfunctioning or non-conforming parts, assemblies, equipment or systems. Proposes and supports implementation of cost and time effective solutions and corrective actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of varying scope and complexity following established Company and FAA policies and practices. Reviews technical and engineering documentation and performance reports to determine the disposition of metal or composite aircraft components and parts needing refurbishment or repair.
- Defines and analyzes the problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and recommends modifications to eliminate future problems.
- Interprets engineering drawings and facilitates correction of errors on drawings and documents identified during manufacturing operations.
- Maintains records or oversees recording of information by others to ensure engineering drawings and documents are current and that engineering related production problems and resolutions are documented.
- Serves as member of material review board (MRB) to determine disposition of defective, damaged or otherwise non-conforming parts.
- Review and evaluate the engineering and functional aspects of all non-conforming materials, parts and assemblies providing the disposition prescribing all necessary repair actions ensuring adequate structural integrity, interchangeability and functional acceptability.
- Provide technical consultation and drawing interpretation to all areas of the manufacturing facility and to external vendors / suppliers.
- Provide documentation of discrepancies and repairs to cover correction actions taken on specific components.
- Participate in new design, concept review and studies to improve manufacturability, cost and quality.
- Act as the voice of Manufacturing to Engineering and vice-versa
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 5+ years of related professional experience
- Aerospace MRB experience
- Experience in CAD and PDM methods
- Self-starter and motivation to see solutions executed to completion
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Materials Engineering
- Knowledge of sheet metal, machined parts and other concepts related to general aviation aircraft design, manufacturing and assembly
- Able to effectively use Teamcenter Unified Architecture v8 and Siemens NX v6 or higher