Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
The position is expected to provide 3-dimensional modeling and drafting expertise using Siemens Unigraphics product development software in support of the Eclipse 550 very light jet program. The associate will support changes to the existing design, create new designs in support of major design improvements and provide engineering liaison support to suppliers and manufacturing. The associate must be a self-starter, able to understand the interactions between the different engineering disciplines and able to work in a cooperative, dynamic, team oriented environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design of aircraft metallic and composite structural components and assemblies
- Provide design engineering liaison support to suppliers and manufacturing
- Participate in planning for re-start of the Eclipse 550 manufacturing activity
- Participate in producibility improvement and cost reduction initiatives
- Bachelor degree or higher, BSME or BSAE preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience using Siemens Unigraphics (UG NX2 or higher) design software
- Familiarity with ASME Y14.5 geometric dimensioning and tolerance techniques
- Minimum of 3 years aircraft structural design experience
- Familiarity with Siemens Teamcenter Product Data Management (PDM) software
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
- Good technical writing skills
- Project leadership experience