Strategic Supply Manager - Major Structures
Experience Required: 10+ Years
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The SSM will lead the cross-functional Commodity Management Team (CMT) for the assigned commodities/products to include, but not limited to: 1) selecting suppliers to meet the overall Eclipse goals and objectives; 2) negotiate supplier contracts; 3) ensure proper contract administration; 4) manage supplier relationships strategically to ensure Eclipse’s technical, manufacturing, quality, product support and logistics needs are met and to ensure a continuity of supply; 5) manage supplier and commodity improvement objectives. Key business processes that the SSM will manage include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the cross functional (CMT)
- Formulate and communicate supply base strategy
- Lead the team in selecting suppliers
- Negotiate contracts
- Through the CMT ensure proper contract administration
- Perform supplier capacity, capability, quality, delivery and cost analysis and implement closed loop corrective actions or action plans for improvement
- Engage with the appropriate levels of the supplier’s organization to ensure two-way communication, problem resolution, strategic alignment, and synergy
- Ensure closed loop change management processes on engineering changes, schedule changes and part transitions
- Manage ongoing costs and cost reductions
- Conduct supplier business reviews
- Account for and manage Eclipse assets on site at the supplier
In addition, the SSM will stay current with industry trends, technology and suppliers and recommend and initiate proactive improvements and solutions such as:
- Monitor industry and supplier’s financial health and ownership and initiate mitigation plans as necessary.
- Based on industry technology and trends, provide recommendations on products and technology to be utilized in the aircraft designs
- Observe geo-political developments around the world and recommend and initiate proactive mitigation plans as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree; engineering degree preferred
- 10 years + working experience post degree
- Proven track record in managing aerospace major structures
- Cross function team management
- Strategic supplier management, including supplier selection
- Expertise in negotiating and administering contracts
- Strong experience in supplier certification, auditing supplier capacity, quality and business processes and capabilities and enacting performance improvements
- Experience in and strong aptitude for dealing with and resolving commercial business issues
- Basic familiarity with supply chain management principles, practices and tools including, but not limited to MRP; document management systems and demand flow.
- Process mapping, lean manufacturing and variable data management experience and skills
- Strategic supplier relationship management experience
- Experience dealing with VP, President and CEO levels
- Assertive and can interject and intercede to force necessary work and changes to reach the Eclipse objectives
- Strong communication skills both written and oral with all levels of management both internally and externally
- Self-starter and work with minimal supervision
- Available and willing to travel, including overseas if required
- Understand fiduciary responsibility and limitation
- Engineering Degree
- Experience with SAP
Apply for this position by sending a cover letter with your resume attached to email@example.com
OR fill out the online job application for this position HERE.
Be sure to note the job title and ID number in your cover letter.