Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
This position will primarily be responsible for the quality of materials, parts, assemblies, other items received from Suppliers, and items produced by EAI. This position, develops, modifies, applies, and maintains, quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product. It requires analyzing specifications, engineering drawings, bills of material, and other design data.
This position collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place, and devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. This position designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products and materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. This role includes auditing implementation of the quality system for deficiency identification and correction, and ensuring that corrective actions resolve areas of noncompliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead implementation of EAI’s Quality System
- Create and maintain inspection and sampling plans for receiving inspection
- Create and maintain First Article Inspection (FAI) reports for items produced by EAI
- Create and disposition NCRs as a Quality member of the Material Review Board
- Participate in development projects as a representative of Quality
- Lead continuous improvement projects in manufacturing. This includes, but is not limited to scrap reduction, efficiency improvements, and quality improvements.
- Process line audit to determine if our procedures are resulting is consistent, high quality products.
- Implement Preventive Actions when areas for improvement are identified.
- Frequent audits of Work Instructions, Training Records, and Production Notes. This includes making sure that the Work Instructions, Training Records, and Production Notes match. It also includes auditing the production processes to determine if the Work Instructions and Production notes are being followed.
- Data collection as required by Quality Manager/Engineering
- Review production inspection data. Determine where improvements are needed and reduces inspections when they are not value added.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of manufacturing procedures, including Work Instructions, Bills of Materials, and Control of Nonconforming product
- Understanding of First Article Inspection (FAI) reports, Nonconformance Reports (NCRs)
- Cross-functional experience, comfortable working with operations (production, supply chain, engineering, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to create inspection plans
- Understanding of Statistical Quality Control (SQC) methods and demonstrated ability to create sampling plans
- Strong computer skills, utilizing common tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have understanding of common measurement systems
- SAP Experience, Microsoft Office applications
- BS in Engineering or related field
- Six Sigma
Apply for this position by sending a cover letter with your resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR fill out the online job application for this position HERE.
Be sure to note the job title and ID number in your cover letter.